Tuesday 18 October 2011

A quick apology

I feel I have abandoned the blog, twitter and facebook - and in a way I have! Whilst working away in August we had a phone call from our neighbour in France to tell us that we had had a burglary. We dashed home to find doors and shutters destroyed - whoever wanted to get into our house was not going to be stopped. The place was a mess and quite a lot has gone. Lots of really precious personal things - of course they have no value to anyone else.....but........

I have gone into a strange vacuum - I am reluctant to put anything on the web - where I am, what I am doing, anything really. The Gendarmes think that whoever it was had been watching the house to see when we were away - do they watch the websites too? Someone has been trying to hack into my facebook account.........

I will get back to writing, but for now I am licking my wounds, dealing with officialdom and re - assessing how things are publicised.

Hope you will forgive me!

9 comments:

Alison said...

I normally lurk around here, but I had to post to offer you my sympathies. it is a horrible thing to be broken in to like that - and the loss of personal items, that no insurance could ever replace, is worse still.

I have to say that I am very wary of putting *any* travel plans online. I either tell people about my holidays afterwards - or, if I'm going away to teach or trade, I make it very clear that my partner and two big dogs will be staying home.

Look after yourself; stay safe. And don't apologise. This is not your fault.

yarngathering said...

So saddened for you, sending you ((hugs))

clarice said...

That is really awful. Just remember there are far more lovely people around than horrible ones. I am really sorry they took the personal things as these can not be replaced, but you still have the memories and the love in your heart. Hugs x

Willington Weaver said...

So horrible for you, Deb. Hope you get back to the swing of posting soon.

Eliza B said...

Been thinking of you a lot since seeing you in August. xx

Sophia Chidgey-Hallan said...

Debs - this is awful, particularly the personal items. Sending you both positive thoughts. All the best, Sophia

Anonymous said...

As a veteran of many burglaries and break-ins, OW! That's horrid. It does make you a bit spooked, doesn't it? Thank goodness nobody was hurt.

Helen said...

Debbie how horrible
I hope that things are improving for you now and you are getting over the shock.
I can understand your reluctance to put anythin up on the web though-what a horrible feeling.

Tracey said...

I've just come across your blog in a search for boucle cotton and found this post, I'm so sorry to hear about your home. We were burgled once many years ago and it's a horrible thing to go through, you have my sympathies.

If and when you are feeling up to it I would love to get a sample card of your cotton sent to me in New Zealand.

warmest regards to you and yours.